Presbyterian Women: Leadership, Inspiration, Spiritual Growth
From the founding of New Wappetaw Presbyterian Church in 1872, the name of its women’s organization has changed many times – first it was The Ladies Society, then The Ladies Association of New Wappetaw, The Ladies Aid, The Ladies Aid Society, The Louise Junkin and Gregg Circles, The Women of the Church, and now Presbyterian Women.
The group’s goals have not changed. Presbyterian Women continue to provid vital leadership in the life of the church from construction and maintenance of facilities to Bible study and worship.
Through many fund-raising projects, women have been major contributors to construction and upkeep of the church building and contents. Women have sponsored fellowship and social events, have given financial support to candidates for the ministry, and have worked in foreign and local mission projects. Presbyterian Women has been a part of the support system for our church and community. Bible study and prayer are regular features of circle meetings. All are welcome to attend our meetings.
Currently we have an afternoon group as well as an evening group. For additional information, please call the church.